On Mother's Day, we invite you with the magazine Milk and The Guinguette of Angèle Accompanied by your dear blond heads with a morning in all intimacy, in the Garden of the Sweet Angèle. On the program: visit to the vegetable patch, taste 100% healthy and tasty of which Angèle has the secret, and discovery of the new Balzac Paris collection.
We invite you to dive into the universe of Angèle Ferreux-Maeght who tells you more in this exclusive interview:
- Angèle, can you introduce yourself in a few words? I am Angèle Ferreux Maeght, I am a kitchen chef and naturopath, I created The Guinguette of Angèle , small organic and gluten -free restaurants, as well as a catering service. I write cooking books too! ("Deliciously green" and "beneficial foods", marabout editions)
- How was your passion for cooking born? I couldn't remember ... even very small, I was crazy about food! of all kinds ... spices, fish, bizarre stuff ...
- Can you tell us the story of "La Guinguette d'Angèle"? My meals-grandmothers already had guinguettes, I have always cooked, and when I did my job, the idea of this name in their memory came to me naturally. I first started to lead detox courses for 7 years, at the same time as my naturopathy studies. Then, thanks to the fashion world that welcomed me with open arms, I developed my little catering service, restaurants etc ... Everything came very naturally!
- Eating healthy, is that a priority? A chance rather! Priority is consciousness in my opinion. If we think a little better about the way of consuming, cooking, eating .. it is already won! I do not have an extremist speech, I do not think that eating healthy must be a priority, nor a reason to feel guilty. I think that in certain situations, you have to let go and take full advantage of the moment. Eating has a real social role. When I am invited, I honor the cuisine of my host whatever it is, but it is obviously possible to combine healthy and convivial food, especially when you receive!
- Do you have any tips for eating good and well when you are in a hurry or you don't know how to cook? I really like to make salads in jars, I start by putting the sauce, an easy base (lentils, rice, quinoa, buckwheat, chickpea ..) then I do vegetable strata, starting with those who stand Better: rapped carrot, cucumber, artichoke, peas, broccoli, apples, etc. and ending for the most fragile (sprouted seeds, spinach shoots, aromatic herbs ... I take it in my bag with a fork, and before Eat it, I shake it like a cocktail!
- Salt or sweet? Roll or sacred! A cookie that comes out of the oven with a pinch of fleur de sel, or a shiitake/kale wok with a net of maple syrup ...
- Your recipes are as delicious as they are pretty, where do you draw your inspiration? Particularly in my travels and in nature, the seasons offer us magnificent paintings! It is enough to draw from the prettiest colors, the most beautiful shapes, the result is always great!
- Has your way of consuming has evolved since you pay attention to "eating well"? Sure ! It's a virtuous circle! When you do good to your body, you are necessarily aware of the well-being of the planet. We are intimately linked, so our life choices result from it.
- A book ? "Les Adonides", an illustrated book from 1975 whose texts are by Jacques Prévert, and the engravings of Miro ... a masterpiece. Or otherwise .. "Red and black" or .. "Tintin"!
- Un (e) artist? George Braque, his southern landscapes make me travel, his doves make me dream, and above all ... above all, the basin he made in mosaic in the foundation of my great grandfather (Maeght Foundation) we were swimming with my brothers when the doors closed to the public.
- A person ? Since we are in art (and that I have just lunch with him ..) Akikuroda; Japanese painter who paints planets full of life, poetic poppies. - An outfit ? A flowery dress from the 1950s, a straw bag, a pair of Creoles (or cherries if it's the season!) And barefoot!
- Un place? The Botanic Botanic Garden ("Jardim Botanico") from Rio in Brazil ... The immense trees, the monkeys, the lazy, the peacocks, the smell of exotic flowers ... When I am on a bicycle in Paris, that it is cold and my Bout my nose is frozen, I imagine being there .. a dream this place!
- And finally, plans on the comet? Yes! A new book with Alain Ducasse and his chief of the Plazza Athenée: Romain Meder, on the vegetable holidays that will be released at the start of the school year, an in progress TV program, and my delicatessen soon! To meet Angèle and participate in this morning of May 26, come and register in the competition here, 5 large winners will have the chance to be contacted.