Can you tell us about the genesis of Balzac Paris and Léopoldine Chateau?#Open heart
- Gastine chrysoline: Balzac Paris was born in 2011, and at our beginnings, we made butterfly knots. Made in France, tailor-made, with a real idea of know-how and good manners, we had been inspired by the "Treaty of Elegant Life" of Honoré de Balzac! In 2014, we leave behind the butterfly knots to launch a female ready-to-wear brand. We make ourselves known thanks to our literary sweatshirts, which are still today an essential piece of the Balzac Paris wardrobe!
- Lépolodine Chateau: The Léopoldine Chateau brand was created 5 or 6 years ago. At first, I only worked my heart print, inspired by the iconic Barbie« Loving You» from the 1980s. The heart then became my brand DNA over time. Today we work on other prints, even if the heart remains ... at the heart of the brand! Our last news is that we opened our first shop in Paris in the trail, at 103 rue d'Aboukir.
How was the Balzac Paris X Léopoldine Chateau collaboration?#Heart stroke
- Gastine chrysoline : We made contact on Instagram and we said to ourselves that it would be nice to do something together, that the heart pattern of Léopoldine Chateau could completely find its place on Balzac Paris pieces. We imagined a real mix and match: the Balzac cuts with the universe of Léopoldine. Everyone brought their touch to make a real mixture of the two houses!
- Léopoldine Chateau:As Chrysoline says, we were written on social networks and it was clear that our 2 universes were walking well together! Aesthetically but also ethically. When we were called little time after with Chrysoline, the motif of the heart was quickly obvious!
If you had to summarize this collection in 3 words?#To heart
- Gastine chrysoline : Favorites, blows of love, love at first sight! Love in the broad sense of the term!
- Léopoldine Chateau:Cheerful, energetic and ethical.
If you had to summarize the collection in 3 colors? #High cores
- Gastine chrysoline: The ROuge, for the iconic heart of Léopoldine Chateau, purple, because it is the iconic color of the season, and green!
- Léopoldine Chateau:I would say green first (it's my favorite on the collection), then purple and ecru.
What were your inspirations for the collection?#Heart to Heart
- Gastine chrysoline: As we said above, the idea of the collection was really to mix the essential heart print of Léopoldine Chateau and theCutting cuts of our customers at Balzac Paris. The jewelry line is very interesting too, we have declined the heart ring of Léopoldine Chateau in different colors and in necklace and earrings version! We were particularly inspired by this ring because it is both fun, fun and very elegant. For me it really symbolizes the collab, it is an object that we took a lot of pleasure in decline.
- Léopoldine Chateau: At first, we started to imagine a little feminine dresses and pieces. But ultimately, our universes walked well on something more sportswear! A slightly more masculine cut with a pattern still quite feminine, that was the right mixture. We cannot hide at that time, the context of confinement also guided us to this direction: we were a lot with us, we wanted comfort!
How is this collab collection eco-responsible? #TheNet heart
- Gastine chrysoline: The materials are obviously eco -responsible, but the real challenge has been on jewelry! The stones fromSwarovski wereDesigned with sand in a European workshop.
- Léopoldine Chateau: The ready-to-wear parts were manufactured in Portugal, and are in organic cotton or in viscose Ecovero®.
What are your favorite parts of the collab?#Artichoke heart
- Gastine chrysoline : My favorite piece is the heart ring! I love it ! I find it really cool, she has something of Shimmer: visually she has this very precious stone, but with the heart she has this slightly fun touch! I also love the Bree T-shirt to wear this summer with a mayor or a mischievous overalls.
- Léopoldine Chateau: The Harlow sweatshirt, without hesitation! I took green for me.
Do you have an anecdote to share with us?#Light hearted
- Gastine chrysoline : Léopoldine and I were pregnant at the same time during the design of this collection! So we were in the middle of the "favorite" for these small precious beings to come ... As I said, this collection is love in the broad sense of the term!
- Léopoldine Chateau: The collection was imagined during the Covid crisis and the many confinements: we have never been able to see ourselves in real life with Chrysoline!We did everything in videoconference, by email, by phone: we It was not physically met only once the collab was already on the way to production.