Data target country
Data transfer management
Exploitation of the data towards social media
Privacy Shield/Standard contractual clauses
7. HOW LONG ARE THE DATA KEPT ?
Balzac Paris has determined specific rules concerning the length of preservation of Clients’ personal data. By principle, the data are saved for the length necessary to the accomplishment of the goals for which they have been collected.
Except for contrary legal obligation, Balzac Paris respects preservation lengths recommended by the French Data Protection Authority.
The preservation lengths selected are the following:
- Prospects’ data (individual having never made a purchase) are preserved 3 years after the last contact made by the prospect
- Clients’ data are preserved for 3 years from the last purchase
- The cookies to measure visits, target advertisements and share on social media are deposited on the client’s terminal for a length of 13 months.
8. ARE DATA ON MINORS UNDER 16 COLLECTED ?
It is required to be 16 to create an account on Balzac Paris and make purchases.
Balzac Paris does not collect data on minors under 16, any web user under 16 must renounce creating an account.
9. WHAT ARE THE RULES RELATIVES TO COMMERCIAL PROSPECTION ?
Balzac Paris uses your contact information to address targeted advertisements to you by email, mail, on social media or third-party web sites.
Balzac Paris respects the rules decreed by the 2002/58/CE directive of 12 July 2002 that plans the previous express collection of the client’s consent for the sending of electronic commercial prospections (email or SMS).
When creating your account on the site, you are asked for your consent to receive Balzac Paris offers by email.
Balzac Paris will not address you personalized solicitations by email or text if you have not consented to it.
There is an exception when the Client, without having given their prior consent, can still be prospected if they are still a client of the Balzac Paris company and that the goal of the prospection is to suggest similar products or services.
In any case, the client has the possibility of opposing receipt of these solicitudes by following these actions:
- When creating an account, not ticking the box linked to prospection;
- For email, clicking the unsubscribing link provided in each email;
- For text, sending a stop text to the number provided in the text;
- By contacting customer service
Balzac Paris has the option of contacting you by phone to suggest offers on products or services. If you do not wish to be solicited, you have the option of registering on the opposition to phone solicitation list on the site www.bloctel.gouv.fr
Information concerning site navigation is susceptible to being saved on “Cookie” files on your device, provided the choices you would have expressed concerning Cookies and that you can modify at any moment.
10.1. WHAT IS A COOKIE ?
A cookie is a little file that allows us to remember the device used by the web user.
There exist two types of cookies:
- first party cookies, deposited by Balzac Paris for browsing and site functioning needs;
- third party cookies deposited by third-party partner companies to identify the customer’s interests and offer customized offers or allowing the customer to share content on social media. These third-party cookies are directly generated by the companies who edit them and that must also respect the regulation on data protection.
10.2. FOR WHAT REASONS ARE COOKIES, TAGS, AND TRACKING COOKIES USED ?
The cookies Balzac Paris uses allow us:
- to establish statistics and visit volumes and use of the various elements constituting our services. For this reason, we use site usage measure cookies.
- adapt the presentation of our Site according to the device used;
- to memorize information concerning a form you have filled out on our Site, such as your account, with login details;
- to put in place security measures, for example when it is requested you reconnect to your account after a certain amount of time;
- to share information with advertisers on other web sites to suggest relevant advertisements in line with your interests. For this reason, we use advertisement cookies.
In compliance with to the2002/58/CE directive from 12 July 2002, the Balzac Paris company collects your consent before using advertisement, site user measure, and social media sharing cookies. You can choose to express or change your desires relating to cookies at any time, with the means described below.
10.3.1 Setting your browsing software
You can set your browsing software so that cookies are saved on your device, or that they be either systematically rejected or that it depends on their issuer. You can also set your browsing software so that accepting or refusing cookies be punctually suggested, before a cookie is susceptible of being saved on your device.
How can you exert your choices, depending on the browser you use?
For managing your cookies and choices, the setup of each browser is different. It is described on the help menu of your browser, that will allow you to know how to modify your cookie preferences.
For Internet Explorer TM: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ,
For SafariTM: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html ,
For ChromeTM: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ,
For FirefoxTM: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies ,
For OperaTM: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
10.3.2. Setting cookies with a tool made available by Balzac Paris
To access the list of stored cookies and set their storage
10.3.3. Opposition list allowing you to manage cookie use
You also have the option of opposing cookie use by accessing the web site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
10.3.4. Link to third-party editors
- Facebook: politique d’utilisation des données
- Pinterest: politique d’utilisation des données
- Instagram: politique d’utilisation des données
- Twitter: politique d’utilisation des données
Balzac Paris uses advertisement cookies that the web user can consult the data protection regulation to set cookies:
Balzac Paris uses Google Analytics web user measure cookie that can be set at the following address: ttps://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr.